Monday, July 11, 2011

Does your face light up?

“It’s interesting to see when a child walks in the room, whether it’s your child or anybody else’s child… Does your face light up? When my children used to walk in the room when they were little I looked at them to see if they had buckled their trousers or if their hair was combed or if their socks were up. And so you think your affection and your deep love is on display because you are caring for them, but it’s not. When they see you, they see the critical face and think “What’s wrong now?” But if you let your face speak whats in your heart, because when they walked in the room I was glad to see them. It’s just as small as that you see. It was a lesson I had to learn from my own children. Does your face light up? Do they see in your eyes that your really glad they are there? ” Toni Morrison

No comments:

Post a Comment